Coasterstock at Kings Island is a 2-day event for coaster enthusiasts to ride roller coasters with exclusive ride time, enjoy meals, FunPix with unlimited downloads on select rides, Coca-Cola drink wristband with drinks every 15 minutes, and more!
This event is the 5th-annual and will take place on Friday, May 17th to Saturday, May 18th! A t-shirt and lanyard and free parking are also included! Tickets are $45 dollars for Gold and Platinum Passholders. People without a season pass have to purchase their ticket for $85 which includes admission to the park for both days! Note that the ticket prices have increased $4 dollars from 2018 for both ticket types.
First off, the event starts at 6:30 a.m. (check-in), so I recommend if you live at least 2 hours away that you should stay overnight on Thursday. You also will have to stay overnight on Friday and Saturday due to the event ending at 12 a.m. each night!
To participate, you must be part of the following coaster club organizations:
- The American Coaster Enthusiasts
- Club Theme Park Review
- Coaster Buzz Club
- Coaster Crew Platinum
- Florida Coaster Club
- Great Ohio Coaster Club
- European Coaster Club
- Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain
This event is reserved for these coaster clubs as this is an event for dedicated coaster enthusiasts, it is not designed for anyone to just “show up”.
You MUST have proof of purchase for your coaster club like a membership purchase printout or a valid up-to-date coaster club card. If you’re a last minute purchaser, you still need proof of purchase. Bring your club receipt or something similar as proof you are part of it.
Here is the event itinerary:
Friday, May 17
- Check-in begins at 7:00 a.m. This is also the time when the parking toll opens.
- ERT 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. on Banshee, Delirium, and Adventure Express
- ERT 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. on Drop Tower, Bat, and Invertigo (Yes, the two ERT’s do overlap each other)
- Behind-The-Scenes Banshee photo opportunity 11:00 – 11:45 a.m.
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch with Guest Speakers
- The Beast Behind-The-Scenes Tour (Group A) 2:00 p.m.
- The Beast Behind-The-Scenes Tour (Group A) 3:00 p.m.
- 50 Years of Memories Project Speaker in the PEANUTS Showplace 7:00 p.m.
- Behind-The-Scenes Diamondback photo opportunity 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- ERT 10:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. on Diamondback, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, Vortex, Racer, Antique Cars
Saturday, May 18
- Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. This is also the time when the parking toll opens.
- Flight of Fear Behind-The-Scenes Tour 8:30 a.m.
- Flight of Fear Lights on Rides 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- ERT on Dodgem, Scrambler, Grand Carousel 9:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- Steam Train Story and Media Opportunity 10:15 – 11:00 a.m.
- Slaughterhouse Haunted House Lights-On Walkthrough 1:30 p.m.
- Diomandback Behind-The-Scenes Media Opportunity 2:00 p.m.
- Catered Meal and Hear from Dennis Speigel as the guest speaker 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. – Racer Behind-The-Scenes Tour (Group B)
- 6:00 p.m. – Racer Behind-The-Scenes Tour (Group A)
- ERT Woodstock Express, Great Pumpkin Coaster 10:15 to 11:15 p.m.
- ERT on Backlot Stunt Coaster, Diamondback, Mystic Timbers 10:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- ERT on The Beast 10:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
There are also several contests involving photos and social media, which more information can be found on the official event page.
Tickets have been on sale for some time now. I suggest that if you are planning to go, you purchase a ticket now just in case that it sells out.
Here is the official event page and ticket purchase website here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/coasterstock.
Pre-Check In is also available where you can have the t-shirt and lanyard shipped to your house so you don’t have to wait in line at Kings Island!